Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ReaderResponse1

CeiraDaniels October 7,2008
Class802 Ms.Johns

Reading Response


Title:A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
Author:Betty Smith
Pages Read:8

I just started reading this book and so far I'm starting to like it.
To me in my own words by reading the title I think the story is gonna be about a girl that is lonely and she finds a tree and talks to it everyday and sees the tree as being her friend.In my
mind I think that the main character Francie is going to be my favorite character in this book.
I say this because so far in the story she seems like a nice intelligent 11 year old little girl.



So far I only read about 8 pages in the book and what I read was about a girl name Francie who lives with her mom,her brother,and her moms boyfriend. Francie is a girl who is very lonely and loves money a lot.Everyday she goes out to her backyard to see her big huge tree with leaves that looks like umbrellas.I think right now she is beginning to like the tree.But I wouldn't no unless I read more of the book.

No comments: