Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still I rise by

The theme of this poem is to never let anyone bring you down.
The clues in this poem that describes this theme is when she said"Did you want to see me broken?Bowed head and lowered eyes?Shoulders falling down like teardrops.Weakened by my soulful cries.Also in the poem she says"you may shoot me with your words,You may cut me with your eyes,You may kill me with your hatefulness,But still, like air, I'll rise. These clues in this wonderful written poem describes the theme of this poem.

This message of the poem applies to my life and many ways.One way is sometimes people always try to put me down but they can't .If they do put me down I would always rise back up.Also I can connect to another poem that I've read, The name of this poem is I ,Too,is America.
This poem connects to the other poem because they both having like the same theme, never giving giving up, and never let anyone bring you down.

No comments: